Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week Seven

This week in class, we worked with mobile devices and became more familiar with the SmartBoard and all the equipment in the front of the room. I personally have always felt that hands on activity and less screen time in the classroom, because at home students are most likely getting only screen time, so my thought is why feed them more in the classroom. I also think that their communication skills go down the drain when they are simply only using different technologies. After looking through the IPod, I actually found an application that would be very beneficial to students. My group and I found a Spanish application that allowed the users to become more familiar with the Spanish language both visually and gave them the chance to listen to it being spoken. This would not be something that I would using to teach the language, but I do think it would be a nice reward for the students to be able to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment